I‘m not sure what it is about being successful or trying to help people … but when you’re doing either of these things — the haters start coming out of the wood work … so today, we’re going to learn how to deal with them!
How To Identify a Hater:
It’s easy to figure out if someone is hatin, a hater, or even just a normal dude–but sippin on the hatorade:
- Jealously – “is a weak emotion” according to Jay Z and jealousy seeps through everything a hater does/says …
- Illiterate — usually the hater displays his hatitude while exemplifying this trait …
- Un-Educated – maybe not formally (in fact, the hater-tude often rises alongside the “book smarts”), but definitely in whatever area the hater is exercising his hate on …
- Scared – to take a stand themselves … to do something “diffferent” … or even to step out from being anonymous …
- LOVE the internet & Youtube – because they can comment on anything they want and it’s totally anonymous. For some reason, I swear to God, just going on youtube.com lowers the average IQ about 15 points (judging purely from the quality of comments!)
I’m serious about that last one. For some reason, people think “oh, the internet is free and an anonymous way to be a hater–I’ll never have to step up and be a man or take responsibility for my actions” and they just hate away. Get drunk off the haterade.
The image here explains the phenomenon clearly …
“Count It All Joy”
In the Bible, the apostle James talks about counting all trials and tribulations as “joy” — and you should do the same thing when you start getting haters.
Because it means you’re DOING something!
Like my mentor Dan Kennedy says, “If you’re not pissing off at least one person per day–you’re not trying hard enough”.
If you’re not pissing people off … if you’re not triggering hatitude among a large portion of the average population … then you’re probably playing it safe.
You’re probably afraid of flying high and being as awesome as you want to be because you don’t want people to hate you …
Here’s the thing though: you’ll always have haters.
“Haters Hate. That’s They Job!”
My man Katt Williams is a genius when it comes to how to think about haters, check this clip out (warning: language is NSFW):
In case you missed it:
“You need haters. What the **** is you complaining about? What the **** do you think a haters job is? To ****ing hate. So let them mother****er do their goddamn job. What the **** is you complaining about? Ladies if you got 14 women hating on you, you need to figure out how the **** to get to 16 before the summer get here. What the **** is you mad about? Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them mother****ers. What is you complaining about? If there’s any haters in here right now that don’t have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.”
Example of a Hater
So the other day, I got this haterade inspired comment here on the blog in regards to my article on the six meals per day myth:
hahahaha this article has been written by a person knowing nothing about biology and how the digestive system works..
Your an idiot Caleb.. an IDIOT, and how dare you suggest this stupidity to other people?!
If you don’t eat for more than 8 hours, your stomach starts producing a digestive acid that helps break down food when you consume it, but if there is no food that you have consumed then the acid starts breaking through the walls of your stomach, which leads to dangerous problems in your organism.
Not only is this completely and totally untrue, having no basis in science … but it has all the symptoms of hatertude:
- Anonymity – he left MY NAME as his name and email because he’d rather bash anonymously …
- Name Calling — it must still be working for him like it did back in 1st grade …
- Completely Unsupported Claims — while I don’t always cite every sources I at least back up all my claims with links, common sense, logic, or at least a reference to something.
But this guy. NOTHING!
Just a Pure Hater
And like Katt Williams says I’m glad this guy is hatin’. That’s his job. What else is he gonna do? While he’s working his minimum wage job with no prospects for the future, he’s gotta do something while he’s at work — to spend his bosses money right?
A Hater Challenge
In fact, Mr. Hater, if you are reading this post and you remember writing this nice little blog comment — I’ll tell you what …
I’ll give you a public forum to hate away: if you write me a real article explaining your viewpoint on eating six meals a day and this “killer” stomach acid that develops after 8 hours of no food — and you back it up — I’ll give YOU the public forum to hate away!
Why Mr. Hater Will Never Take Me Up On This Offer
Because he’s a hater. That’s his job. He’s not out to help people. He just hates. Come on, prove me wrong