If you’ve ever wondered… What supplements you should be taking for your health… or if any of those supplements you see advertised actually work to build muscle, burn fat, or keep you healthy… then you’ll love this article.
Why I Supplement And You Should Too
Eating clean will get you to a certain point in your “be healthy” quest. It’s good for you to eat clean, that’s not even debatable. If you’re not doing that FIRST, then no amount of supplements is going to help you. And come on, it’s really not that hard you just have to follow the 80/20 rule and eat healthy at least 80 percent of the time.
That being said, our food supplies these days are NOT what they used to be…
Over farming, soil depletion, commercial fertilizer, hybrid crops and genetic modifications are slashing the nutrients found in food today. As an example, you’d have to eat 10 servings of spinach to get the same level of minerals from just one serving about 50 years ago.
Supplements You NEED For Good Health:
- Fish Oil: Almost nobody gets enough essential fatty acids with today’s eating culture. You, as an athlete, need it more. What are the benefits? Just google “fish oil X” and insert ANY disease or ailment as “x” and you’ll see it helps or cures just about every single one. I like Biotest’s Flameout.
- Fiber: It’s almost a sure bet you’re not getting the amount of fiber you need in your diet. Fiber helps your digestive system eliminate waste better, helps you get rid of more toxins like estrogen and what not. It’s a good thing to be supplementing with believe me. I like Fiber Smart because it also has digestive enzymes.
- Protein: Ok, you probably don’t NEED this supplement, but if you’re an athlete it’s almost a sure bet you do. It’s hard to get quality protein sometimes, and having protein powder and drinks for on the go helps a lot. I like Optimum Nutrition’s protein powder and MuscleMilk’s little pre-made drinks when I don’t have time to make a shake.
- Multi-Vitamin: You need to take a good multivitamin to make sure you’re getting all the essential vitamins AND minerals your body needs to properly regulate itself, detox and stay healthy. I like Warrior Essentials Multivitamin.
Supplements You Should Take (To Build More Muscle And Burn More Fat)
- Creatine: For building more muscle, increasing strength, power and explosiveness. Also this is just good in general for your entire body and there’s even a lot of benefits for your brain too. Kre Alkalyn Creatine is by far the best creatine for building muscle. And combined with Beta Alanine, in the product Fast Gains, it even helps you burn fat.
- Fat burner: There’s a lot of these on the market, but you want to take one that’s got science behind it showing it works, but also is safe and natural. I like Maxiburn675.
That’s about it. That’s everything I’ve ever taken and that you should take too. No matter what you should take the recommended supplements for you health, as for the other supplements?
Here’s the bottom line: you can make strength, muscle and fat loss gains without supplements… BUT… if you’re doing everything else right (working hard, eating right, and getting good rest) then you’ll make those gains a lot quicker if you use these muscle building and fat burning supplements.